What are the benefits of being a member of a Church?
• It identifies a person as a genuine believer (Eph.2:19; Rom.12:25)
• It provides a spiritual family to support and encourage them in their walk with Christ (Gal.6:1-2;Heb.10:24-25)
• It gives them a place to discover and use their gifts in ministry (I Cor12:4-27)
• It places them under the spiritual protection of Godly leaders (Heb.13:17; Acts 20:28-29)
• It gives them the accountability they need to Grow (Eph.5:21)
What can you expect as a member of MOBC?
• Worship - worship helps you focus on God. It prepares you spiritually and emotionally for the week ahead.
• Fellowship - fellowship helps you face life's problems by providing the support and encouragement of other Christians.
• Discipleship - discipleship helps you fortify your faith by learning truth of God's word and applying principles to your lifestyle.
• Ministry - ministry helps you find and develop your talents and use them in serving others.
• Evangelism - evangelism helps you fulfill your mission of reaching your friends and family for Christ.
What is like to be a Christian without a church home?
• A football player without a team
• A soldier without a platoon
• A tuba player without an orchestra
• A sheep without a flock
• A child without a family
• A Christian without a church is an orphan.
Thanks to God, You now have a new Family.
What we expect from our members?
• Worship. We expect regular worship attendance
• Discipleship. We expect all members to be in a Christian Class
• Fellowship. We expect our members to get to know another and be supportive of each other
• Ministry. We expect our members to be involved in a ministry of the Church.
• Evangelism. We expect our members to talk to their family and friends about Jesus Christ and MOBC
What our members expect from their church?
• An opportunity to hear the preached word
• An opportunity for fellowship
• An opportunity to mature as a Christian through Christian education
• An opportunity to use their spiritual gifts to the glory of God and the edification of humankind
• An opportunity to help win the world to Christ
How to become a member of Mount Olive Baptist Church?
• Public profession of faith
• Attend membership class
• Receive Baptism by submersion
• Receive the right hand of fellowship
What is covered in the Mount Olive New Members Class?
This is a required class for all new members. It is taught on the third Saturday of each month from 9:00 AM - 12:00PM
New Members Class outline
A. Making sure you are a Christian
B. The Symbols of Salvation
II. Our Statements
A. Our purpose statement: why we exist
B. Our vision statement: What we intend to do
C. Our faith statement: What we believe
D. Our value statement: What We practice
III. Our Strategy
A. Brief history of Mount Olive Baptist Church
B. Who we are trying to reach(our Target)
C. Our Christian Education Program to help you grow
D. The Mount Olive strategy
E. The Spiritual Gift Test
IV. Our Structure
A. How our church is organized for Growth
B. Our affliations
C. What it means to be a member
D. What is my next step after Joining
How to grow as a Christian?
After the initial New Members Class all new must attend the
NEW CHRISTIANS CLASS
This class is a 8 week class that covers the following subjects.
What we believe about the Bible?
What we believe about God?
What we believe about Christ?
What we believe about the Holy Spirit?
What we believe about people?
What we believe about Salvation?
What we believe about the Church?
What we believe about Eschatology